Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quick Update

Hello Everyone! The older we get, the faster the summers go by. Jen and Addison are mourning the passing of summer. I can always tell when the "Back to School" sales start as Jen tends to get a little crabby. I suppose she has a good excuse this summer...12 hours of grad classes towards her Master's degree, a 40 hour week of training at University of North Carolina, and morning sickness all invaded her short time off with Addison. She had a few workdays and open house last week and the students officially start on Tuesday. I think after she saw her students she is a little excited about the start of a new year.

Addison is struggling a little with the transition of Mommy going back to work. She is going to Miss Cheryl's 3days/week and will spend one day with each Nana. Last week was a little tough on her and she has been extra clingy at night and so far this weekend. Hopefully it is a quick transition and she will quickly settle into a routine. She now recites her ABC's and can count almost to 20. She knows most shapes and Jen is drilling her on colors. Addison still loves being outdoors, playing with her toys, and doing headstands. We signed her up for gymnastics at the Y and she will start next week.

Baby #2 is doing well. I told Jen it seems like this pregnancy is flying by. She shot me a look and told me that's because I'm not the pregnant one. This pregnancy has actually been very easy thus far and we thank God for that everyday. Jen hasn't had to be on the Zofran this go round, her blood pressure is actually low, and so far the baby is healthy. Please pray the remaining 25 weeks go as well! We have our big ultrasound in a few weeks. We aren't going to find out the sex of the baby this time since we will have another scheduled c-section. We will be sure to update with other info after the scan though.

I am doing well. Settling in to my new position at 5/3. I am fortunate to be on a great team. I love my job and feel like it was an answered prayer. Still mountain biking when I can and played paintball with some guys from work one night last week.

Hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers for us. We're glad we have this blog as a tool to share a little of our life with you! Keep in touch!

Jim, Jen, & Addison

No comments: